He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Naptime Nonsense...


Well, I haven't done nearly as well with keeping up with the whole blog thing as I wanted to. It's actually really reminded me of what a computer dummy I am- not nearly as user friendly as I had hoped! Oh well...



So our week this week has consisted of A LOT of naptime nonsense. OUr little entertainer is definitely doing her job of keeping us all entertained. Naomi has just started taking naps in her "big girl bed" and we are still getting the hang of actually STAYING in the bed when it is time for a nap. So, on Tuesday i put her down for a nap and then had some friends stop by so I wasnt' able to check on her like I normally do to make sure she was staying in the bed. Anyway, they left after about an hour and I went back to check on Naomi. Well, I found her standing in the middle of the hallway holding my nail polish remover (no, I did not know that she knew WHERE this was kept and much left WHAT it was for). ANyway, she says, "oh no, Mommy, I make a mess, I cean it up!" Naomi may be a mess, but she cannot stand to be MESSy. SHe had my hot pink nailpolish all over her t-shirt, her legs, her belly, the ends of her fingertips (apparently she'd attempted a manicure). It was all along our tile floor in the hallway, the carpet in my bedroom and Abbey's bedspread (yes, she pretty much hit every room!). She was quite distressed when she realized that not only did she still have to take a nap but I was not going to let her "help" in the clean up process. So, the next day naptime rolls around and I was ready for very frequent check ins on Miss Naomi. After about 10 minutes I went to peek in and coulnd' find her anywhere. Finally, I checked in the big girls room and there was a rather large lump on Abbey's bed. She was sitting up under the covers ("mommy, I hiding"). Back to bed we go and finally to sleep. THen, the next day, Jason went to check on her, couldn't find her in any of the rooms. He checked her room again and heard a noise. She had flattened herself out and was hiding under her bed. Good grief! She loves to get in bed wiht the big girls too and will actually occasionally fall asleep with them which is quite a treat for all of them. I'm thinking if and when we move to a new apartment they will probably all share a room- any thoughts or comments on that bright idea would be welcome! So, anyway, never a dull moment around here!

3 comments:

Kendra said...

What a mess pot! Too precious. It's fun watching her grow up :)

AJ said...

wow, i wonder where she gets that whole not wanting to be messy thing. i say you let them enjoy their togetherness while you can. soon enough they will be putting tape down the middle of the room and arguing over borrowed clothes. fun stuff to look forward to!

and i didn't really care before, but for the sake of your therapy...go tigers!

jccvi said...

I love the idea of all in one room. It's like Mary Poppins!