He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Monday, November 5, 2012

Playmobile!



With the busiest shopping time of the year approaching, I thought I'd do a plug for some of my all time favorite toys.  You wouldn't think that apartment living with 4 girls would equal me liking toys that if a bazillion little pieces but I absolutely love Playmobile sets.  They are truly fabulous.

We first discovered Playmobile almost 10 years ago when we lived in France.  There was a little suburb of Paris that had a massive Playmobile warehouse type place.  (picture the inside of Sams or Costco).  Every playmobile set in existence was set up around the perimeter with big bins of all the pieces and you could go in and let the kids play for as long as you wanted.  Of course the catch was that going in and out, you walked through the retail store with your kids who had just played with all of these amazing toys.  They had an area with refreshments for the parents to sit while the kids played and played with these super cool toys.  Pretty cook sales gimmick if you ask me.  Anyway, that Christmas we started our playmobile collection with the grocery store.  SUCH a cool toy (see pictures below).  The great part is that all the sets mix and match.  You can get the bigger dollhouse or grocery store type sets or smaller ones- ice cream parlor, beauty shop etc.  There's a ton of them really.  I know nothing about all the boy ones but I"m sure they are just as awesome as all the princess, fairy sets.

Naomi rediscovered our Playmobile house the other day and had so much fun setting it up and arranging everything just so.  Aren't all the details fun?  Down to the bottles of laundry detergent on the washing machine!



She's even got the mailman putting mail in the mailbox and if you look closely, you can see the Dad sitting in his recliner by the TV...

This has provided hours of playtime for at least 3 days in a row now- and she is only playing with one of our sets!


Not pictured are our fairy sets, princess sets (although she did use some of the princess pieces in the house), animal sets and grocery store.

Here is a post I did a few years ago that pictures more of the toys along with some of our other favorite things.  And even with a toddler in the house, I just can't say enough good things about these toys! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't the doll house the one we brought in zip lock bags to Beirut? Wouldn't Naomi and Sarah Ann LOVE that store in France? What sweet memories!

Unknown said...

Isn't the doll house the one we brought in zip lock bags to Beirut? Wouldn't Naomi and Sarah Ann LOVE that store in France? What sweet memories!

Unknown said...

Well I said it twice!

AJ said...

Ooh, I love these pieces! Love the details and colors (not too pastel-y). I think I'll have a kid so I'll have a good excuse to play with this stuff again. :)