He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Friday, August 26, 2016

Day 12: A little bit stir crazy

August 26, 2016

Stir crazy is probably not actually the right word as we have been out and about ALOT this week.  Big girls starting back to school, little girls getting ready to start back, daddy traveling has made for a busy week.  

We are however, or maybe I should say I am, kind of climbing the walls.  Just needing the other adult back under our roof (thankfully he is en route from the airport as we speak).  Let's just say that a houseful of girls can speak A LOT of words.  I think I've probably mentioned that before.  And this week, all of those words have been directed at yours truly.  I must confess I haven't coped very well!! I told some friends last Sunday before Jason left, "Oh yeah, we've got this travel thing down!  I'll be great! We're used to these short little trips!"

Umm yeah.  Fast forward 4 days and these same sweet friends were taking me out for some much needed adult time after some frantic texts caused them to recognize that I was not in the best place!  

But all is well now.  Daddy is now officially home!  



This is somewhat typical.  Certain siblings climbing the walls (representing  how mom feels).  Certain younger siblings copying everything being done.  And certain others tuning out the world and getting work done.  Fun times...

No comments: