He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The extraordinary ordinary

 "He has made everything beautiful in its time.  He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.  I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live.  That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil- this is the gift of God."
Ecclesaistes 3:11-13

The ordinary activies of ordinary days made extraordinary because they will never happen quite like this ever again...

Little bit has learned to climb into this chair all on her own (and the pink one just like it in her sisters' room).  Trouble is, she can't get down without it being a face plant (thus the pillows...)

Maddie has joined the band and taken up the flute.  She is VERY excited.  She's very musically gifted so we're all excited for her. 


 Had to pass along some of the technique she's already learning...

Unfortunately, Anabelle has discovered the toilet (I'm just thankful it took this long!)
(yes, that would be her tea set in the toilet- 2 cups and 2 saucers.  lovely)

Who me?

We've seen some AMAZING sunsets this week.  LOVE my kitchen window!



Saturday (or Friday in this part of the world) morning pile on snuggles..

Weekly skype date with my parents turned into a very creative round of hide-n-seek between Naomi and her Memphis cousins...

Counting..

About to be "hiding" by covering the webcam with her finger...

And seeking...

And of course, it wouldn't be a normal week without a picture of the chaos that is my kitchen...

Speaking of chaos... I took 3 of my 4 monkeys to the doctor last week.  Abbey, Naomi and Anabelle all had one thing or another going on- nothing serious.  Vaccinations, sinus infections...  Right about the time that the doctor entered the room, I am convinced that someone somewhere flipped the crazy switch in all 3 of my children.  Naomi was bouncing off the walls like there were slinkies attached to her feet (she is usually quite reserved and shy at the doctor's office), Anabelle wanted to be anywhere besides where I wanted her to be (which was NOT on the floor) thus I was constantly wrestling her, and even 13 year old Abbey became momentarily possessed when the doctor was trying to listen to Anabelle's lungs and starting sticking her face between the doctor and Anabelle trying to get Anabelle to laugh.  All of this while I"m trying to explain to the doctor what I need for each of then separately and he is trying to examine them.  The whole time I'm trying not to completely lose it and yell for all the office to hear, while half way laughing at the same time because the whole chaotic 3 minutes was seriously like something out of the twilight zone- it hit so suddenly and unexpectedly!   At one point, the doctor who was kind of chuckling to himself (I'm assuming AT us and our chaos), looks up at me and says, 

"This craziness, this is your life for always?"

Praise the Lord it is!  

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Oh my gosh - I am in hyterics over that doctor's office scene. And the end quote - priceless! I'm so happy you're blogging more. Love it!!