He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Naomi Scissorhands

So Naomi definitely seems to be the most accident prone of our three girls to date, and she recently took out this tendency on poor little Maddie. Maddie was working on a sewing project and had her things kind of spread out on my bed. Naomi came in and was starting to get into all of Maddie's stuff. Naomi had a pair of her scissors (child safety scissors, I might add- NOT sewing scissors) so I told Maddie to get the scissors from her because I didn't want Naomi walking around with them. (Maybe not the best move on my part, but considering they were child safety scissors and I was standing about 3 feet away, I figured what could it hurt?). So anyway, Maddie goes to take the scissors from Naomi, as she's reaching for them, Naomi jerks her hand away and poor little Maddie's finger ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Next thing I know, Maddie lets out a blood curdling scream and is grabbing at her end like she's dying. I'm thinking, "what in the world could have just happened?". My first reaction was to fuss at Maddie for screaming thinking she is surely exaggerating (not at all unusual) but then I noticed how much her finger was bleeding. When she would finally uncover it long enough for me to look (by now we have made it into my bathroom), I could tell that there was a pretty good little chunk taken out of the tip of her pinky ( I know, GROSS!). So, we got it cleaned up and all wrapped up, dried the tears, forgave each other (Naomi was pretty traumatized by Maddie's tears that she had caused). About thirty minutes later I was in my bathroom getting ready for church and Maddie comes in looking kind of puzzled. She's like, "UHH Mom, I think I just found the rest of my finger on your bed." She holds out her hand, and sure enough there's the little tip of her pinky. I know-- yuck!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah maybe you can reattach it :D