He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mia



So until the last year, I would never have called myself a "small dog" person. I grew up with a mammoth black lab who was probably half bear, and Jason and my first baby was Sam, the border collie- hands down the smartest dog in the world. That said, I wasn't entirely thrilled with the idea of getting a small "yappy" dog when we decided to take the plunge about a year ago and get the girls their much begged for puppy.



Well, "Mia puppy" has quite effectively wormed her way into all of our hearts. Thankfully she is not much of a barker so "yappy dog" isn't a good description anyway. She's also, (bless her heart), not the smartest pea in the pot, but we love her dearly anyway. Jason has yet to convince her that the garbage can is not meant for her constant consumption despite the fact that he has quite literally "scared the pee out of her" when catching her in the act, and she is still quite convinced that the little white dog staring back at her from our balcony door is a much unwelcome intruder.


She loves all of us as much as we love her, and will plop herself down in the middle of whatever action is going on in the Cox house- even if that means smack in the middle of a game of Monopoly. She is mostly under my feet probably because I"m usually the one if the kitchen cooking "dropping" things as I go. As I write this, we are still in the states, so at the moment we are most thankful for Mia, because she is causing the girls to be excited about returning to Lebanon! Here are some pictures of our sweet little Mia.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

little dogs are not my thing either, but my kids would love it, maybe we should try too