He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Friday, October 23, 2009

Summer in pictures

At this point, I think it would be next to impossible to catch up with everything that I"ve missed by being a negligent blogger. BUT, I want to try- depends on I guess how much I can get done in my two hour window that I have this afternoon- hopefully the internet connection will remain consistant, although since it took me 45 minutes to upload the above picture, I am not incredibly optimistic! I"m remembering why I'm not so good at keeping this current!



We had a fabulous summer in the states that stretched from being a 5 1/2 week vacation to an almost two month vacation due to some unexpected dental work I had done (thanks Tom! :)). From Memphis to Georgia to Mississippi and back to Memphis and Georgia again we got in some great family time and made some awesome memories. I'll try and give an overview of all the fun in a few posts.



We had a great reception at the Memphis airport where we got to meet almost two year old Thomas for the first time- it's hard to beleive now that this was our first time to see him! Mom, Dad, John, Liz, Sarah Ann, and Memommy came to greet the weary travelers. Sarah Ann was very proud of her greeting poster.

Hugs all around! I love Memommy's face in the background! It had been two years since we'd seen John, Liz, Sarah Ann, Thomas and Memommy and one year since we had seen my parents.

1 comment:

AJ said...

I love Memommy's body language in the last picture — she is so lovely! I can't believe it had been two years since you had seen John and family! What a sweet reunion. Makes me especially thankful that I got to see you in early '08 and twice in '09. So many blessings!