He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Naomi's monkeys

I'm not sure how it started exactly, but Naomi has developed a love for all things monkey.  I do know when it started.  Last summer while in Memphis, thanks to my mom's grandparent membership, we made many trips to the Memphis Zoo.  At one of these many trips, Naomi picked out a little brown monkey in the gift shop.  She affectionately named him  "Curlis" and he has become an important part of the family.  Curlis traveled with us all summer and even made one trip via a padded envelope in the mail when he was left behind on one trip.  His name has now evolved to "Curtis" which I'm a little disappointed in- I loved the uniqueness of Curlis. Oh well, we still love him and Naomi is sure to correct me if I go back to calling him Curlis.   Side note- we have to be very careful with Curtis because Mia the puppy is also a big fan.

The black gorilla on the right came a few months later.  I was talking to mom on the phone and she was preparing a package to send and was asking if there's anything specific the girls wanted.  Naomi was in the room with me so I asked her if there was anything she wanted Annie to send her.  Without missing a beat, she says, "Ummm, a gorilla".  I relayed this message to Annie and  a few weeks later, sure enough a black gorilla (along with several things for AJ and Maddie) arrived in the mail. 

And, finally- the big pink monkey- a present today at Naomi's birthday party.  She was so excited when she opened hm up.  She said, "Look Mommy- it's Curtis's mommy!". 

No comments: