He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Sunday, August 21, 2011

3 months and 10 days

Our sweet little Anabelle Rose!  I stole the idea of the title of this post from a friend (thanks Kendra...) but I haven't kept up with monthly posts like I wanted to for Miss Anabelle so I"m doing the best I can when I can and today turns out to work for me, and today Anabelle is 3 months and 10 days old- how time flies!!

Little angel- what a joy you are to our entire family!!  Daddy and I have said many times that you are the perfect therapy in a somewhat stressful time in our lives.  I can strategically place your bouncy seat at daddy's feet while he works on the computer and all he has to do is glance up and there you are waiting to catch his eye and give him one of your brightest smiles which more and more lately is accompanied by lots of coos, raspberry blowing and whatever other noise you can make come out of that sweet little mouth.  I wish I had a recent picture of your beautiful smile, but I thought the above picture shows your sweet little laid back personality perfectly, and our lives have been too crazy lately for me to concentrate on picture taking!  As family chaos takes place around you, you just chill and blend right in.  We all laughed last night when we found you falling out of your bouncy seat, sucking quite contentedly on your thumb until someone bothered to notice and help you up.

You absolutely adore your big sisters.  For that matter, you pretty much adore anyone who bothers to give you the time of day and for that we are so thankful.

As I said already, you are SOO laid back, and we've been so thankful over the past few months as we've moved from place to place and lived out of suitcases, that you will willingly sleep wherever I lay you down...

You continued to prove our theory that you are the perfect baby when you were completely unaffected by the fact that we traveled thousands of miles on a 27 hour journey by continuing to sleep contentedly ALL NIGHT LONG.  That was such a blessing considering the rest of us had the longest battle with jet lag yet!!
Your short little life has already seen many changes and the adults around you have been through some emotional good byes.  And you my child have been therapy...


Oh how we've all needed it!  I suppose the therapy you provide is more helpful for our immediate family as we get to keep you with us...  Thankfully God has given all of our family a special bond that is unaffected by the miles that separate us- if anything we are strengthened and I pray you will embrace that truth as your sisters have.
 You light up the room with your smile.

(yet you tend to freeze when I pull out the camera to capture that smile so imagine the picture would be here...)

You sleep until about 8 in the morning, nurse 5 times a day and go to bed for the night around 10.  So far you are the perfect little napper, thumb starts heading to your mouth as I'm lying you in your bed and you usually go straight to sleep although just this week you seem to be getting a little annoyed if you are not quite ready for your nap.  Thankfully, you don't protest too much (yet) but I since it coming!  You love to chatter and are adding all sorts of new noises to your repertoire lately including this slightly annoying little scream/yell combo that you started the day before we got on the airplane.  Thankfully you didn't practice that new skill much during our 27 hour journey... You are adored by your sisters who now much to my delight fight over who gets to change your diaper, put you down for your nap or carry you around.  You will never lack for attention that's for sure!  

You love to watch your sisters play and this is your new favorite seat..



My sweet Anabelle, God knew exactly what He was doing with the timing of your birth.  Why am I surprised at that?  As all of our girls have been, you are the perfect gift for the perfect time in our lives.  

2 comments:

kellie j. said...

PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet her. I'm so thankful reading about her personality that HE KNOWS! For some reason I've had some anxiousness that Zain is going to be high maintenance, have colic, etc.--but HE KNOWS. And If He thinks that is best for us, then that's what He'll give us. And He won't give us more than we can handle. I wish you could see Maya. She is becoming a chatterBOX! Um, think I need to write you an email instead of these extremely long comments! :)

Kendra said...

Somebody's been a bloggin fool! love it! We are going to have soooooooooooooooooooooo much fun together - cannot wait!!