He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Happenings


We've been here, there, and everywhere the last few months.  Here's a glimpse into some of our daily happenings.  I tried to include a snippet form everyone...

Jason has played the guitar... a lot... this is a good thing.   If you haven't heard him sing you should.  He's led worship for several events one of which is our home fellowship.  Anabelle loves to sing along...


Naomi has apparently been busy taking goofy pictures of herself with my camera as I discovered when I downloaded them...

Maddie baked...

Abbey read...

(ok, so in that picture she's playing with a flower but I didn't have a reading one!)

I ate not much of anything- things like this...

so I baked things like this for my family

Mia was just as busy as any of us collecting things from around the house for her lair.  I pulled all this out from the 2x2 space she has claimed for herself under our bed.  True story.

(that would be about 20 stuffed animals- yeah, one is bigger than she is, several odd socks, a few shoes, a few plastic easter eggs- ya know, the essentials...!) Crazy dog.

Anabelle bullied her friends.  Yep that's right.  Jason, Naomi, Anabelle and I went on a trip to visit some dear friends.  Their little girl is 2 months older than Anabelle and AB pretty much bullied her- little stinker!  At one point we found Anabelle lying on top of sweet Breeley who was none to happy!  Here they are in a tamer moment... (can I say tamer?)

I'm pretty sure Anabelle also worked on those baby blues becoming just a wee bit bluer- can't you just hear her saying, "who me?"

We were able to work in a family play day in the middle of it all...



In the midst of our happenings, I'm happy to say that there are usually plenty of helping hands to help take care of Miss Anabelle.  I have discovered however that each of our big girls has a pretty unique babysitting style.  

Naomi babysits like this
(if you can't tell Anabelle is confined to a baby doll bed...)

Maddie babysits like this...
Food or...

keeping Anabelle on her person at all times

Abbey babysits like this 
(again notice Anabelle confined to a restricted space)...


Now I can't say that i totally blame them for the restriction.  Anabelle has been quite the busy lady these past few weeks too.  

She discovered this cabinet...

Yep, that's right- that's where the cheerios are...

And she found this cabinet...

(I'm thankful that when we moved in, I had a moment of clarity and arranged my kitchen in a somewhat Anabelle proof way...)

She also found this cabinet..

And this bookshelf...

She's loving discovering the world around her and (for the most part) we all love watching it happen...

Our day ended with this beautiful sunset..

I love my daily light show out my kitchen window!

So that's what's been happening in our neck of the woods... What about in yours?

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Thanks for that stroll through some days in the life of...I did a double take of 'Abbey reading' and then you clarified - okay, fine, maybe she's just playing with a flower :) For a second there I was so confused! ha! I didn't get a single picture of our babies together...you'll have to send me what you got

kellie j. said...

It says your video is currently unavailable! darn, i bet it's CUTE! What a fun post! i need to update my blog so bad. . . just got some great pics of zain this morning, he finally got those 2 teeth in! Loved seeing your home in person! love seeing the pics and knowing right where they were taken!