He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Least of These

A few months ago, I wrote about the Syrian refugee crisis in our country and surrounding countries here.  I urge you to take a look and then take some time to familiarize yourself with this humanitarian crisis.  I am happy to point you in the right direction as far as information on how to pray and how to give to support these hurting people.   

I don't want to repeat what I already said but today, as I sit in my home and hear the sleet and hail pelting the windows, and feel the wind blow through from not so great insulation in a still very new building, I cannot get these people off of my heart and out of my prayers.  And I don't want you to be able to either.  I want the desperation of their need to invade your being today so that you cannot help but cry out to our heavenly Father.  Because these people are experiencing the same rain and biting wind, the hail, the sleet that we are experiencing right now.  They are expecting the snow at the end of the week.  But their children are not anticipating the snow with excitement.  They are fearful for their very lives.

We are excited about cozy days roasting marshmallows around our space heater.



They are hoping their tents don't float away.  


These are the conditions in Zaatari camp in Jordan as the rains have invaded our country this week.  This is how thousands upon thousands of people are living today.  This moment.  Please let your heart break for them!  Cry out to a God who knows their spiritual and physical needs.  

He is working amongst these people and calling them to Himself. 

"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?  When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?  When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"
Matthew 25:37-40

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Praying for them now.