He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Day 365

August 14, 2017

Again, cheating a little on the day here, but at this point, who cares!  Our last week in Georgia was spent dorm room shopping and doing all the prep to move Abbey in to her gap year program at Impact 360.  

And just like that it was done...



All moved in and the rest of us on the plane back to Jordan the next day.  Time truly does fly!  Especially now as I sit here almost a year later and realize that I am about to start this "year of lasts" again with Maddie.  My heart can't take it!  But then again, maybe it can.  God gives grace for each day and just when the goodbyes seem like they are too much to take, it's time to say hello again. 

Psalm 138:8 "The Lord will perfect that which concerns me" has been my theme this year as I have to let go of more and more and trust that the Lord has it in His hands and will do the things in His timing.  Hard lesson for a mom that seems to get harder instead of easier as the years go on.  But as the life lessons get harder and become possibly more complicated God's grace seems to be abound more and more and for that I am thankful.  

My prayer for all my girls this past year has been Psalm 119:30-32 "I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws.  I hold fast to your statutes, O Lord; do not let me be put to shame.  I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free."  So thankful for the way He is working this out in each of their lives individually and will continue to do so even when they are not in my nest any longer.  Thankfully, with a 7 and 12 year old still at home- that's gonna be awhile!   

No comments: