He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Kangaroo Jakes

I hate this place...
But I love these faces when I take them to this place that I hate...
( Okay, I know she's not big enough to be smiling about where she is, but still, I love her sweet face too...)

Maybe I should elaborate a bit- I know "hate" is a pretty strong word to use about a fun (and I use that word loosely) kid's play place but here's the deal with Kangaroo Jakes.  It's in Rome, GA where a lot of our family lives.  We have been going to this place just about every time we've visited for several years.  And I think every time we visit all the adults are secretly hoping that maybe, just maybe the kids will forget this time that there is a place called Kangaroo Jakes where they can go and jump around and act like they have forgotten everything we've ever taught them about wildness and we adults can sit and smell the lovely aroma of stinky children mixed with stinky feet for several hours at a time...  Seriously, who invented these places?  I'm sure most towns have them.  And why are they all located in warehouse type settings with no windows or view of the outside world?  


I'm sure we'll continue to come back and let the kids run around like banchees and get out all that summer energy when it's too stinkin hot outside to do anything else, and maybe deep down in the bottom of my heart, I'll smile a little (or maybe even a lot) because I know how much my kids love this place even though it truly makes me cringe to sit and smell the feet but I'll do it anyway because I love them and I love making them happy... (how's that for a run on sentence?)

One more look at this sweet thing who was perfectly content to sit in her stroller and watch the craziness...

(that's how I felt too, Anabelle.... "WHERE are we and WHy in the world are we here??!!)

1 comment:

Kendra said...

One of the new malls in Saida has a place kind of like this - we've taken Hannah twice and she LOVES it! And, as a bonus, since it's fairly new it doesn't yet stink of smelly feet :) I love Naomi's little bob - she looks so grown up - and Anabelle is precious! Can't wait to see all of you!!!!