He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress and for his children it will be a refuge.
Proverbs 14:26

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Pirate Buttons

Naomi is such a unique little person and keeps us in stitches most of the time.  As you can tell from the picture, she is not much on clothes these days.  In my defense, this was close to bedtime.  She prefers to "sleep naked"  (in only her panties) and I typically let her.  It's not that cold here yet, and this is just a battle I"m not going to fight.  
Ever since we came back from the states this summer where she played pirates a good bit with cousin Caleb, pirates has remained one of her favorite things to play.  Above she is sitting on the foot lockers of winter clothes that I had pulled down from the closets but not yet unpacked.  She had already been playing on her "boat" for a good 15 minutes when I took this picture.  She had an entire dialogue going that I wish I could remember.   In the picture above she is demonstrating her pirate patch. 

The picture below was taken when I glanced up and saw her poking herself in the chest saying, "look Mommy, pirate buttons..."

2 comments:

Kendra said...

LOL You kill me Naomi. You kill me!

embc said...

Hilarious! The other night SA told John that those were her bras. I don't think he knew what to say.